Tour to ÉVORA and MONSARAZ (for the accompanying persons)
 
Departure by the Bridge 25th April over the River Tagus passing by Montemor on to Évora.

Classified as "Museum Town and World Heritage" by the Unesco in 1986, Évora was first known by the Celts as Ebora, by the first Roman settlers as Ebora Cerealis and in 27 BC as Liberitas Julia. In the suburbs of Évora there are cromlechs, menirs and dolmens as well as remains from the Neolithic 3.500 BC.

In Medieval times the town held the courts of the Portuguese Kings of the 1st dinasty (Afonsina) since 1165 and of the 2nd dinasty (Avis) up to 1559. The Roman-Gothic Cathedral dating from 1186, the Church of St. Francis built in 1480 with the macabre Chapel of Bones, the ruins of the Roman Temple of Diana are some of the places of great interest that may be visited.

Small streets with Manueline (Gothic-Naturalist) geminated-windows and porticos as well as the "Moucharabieh" verandahs of Mudejar influence, lead to the Praça do Giraldo, the meeting point of Évora's inhabitants.
 
wide scope
Castelo de São Jorge
Torre de Belém
Lisboa
Ponte 25 de Abril
Eléctrico